Wednesday 23 July 2014

Crusted Fish, Inspired By The One & Only 'Jamie Oliver' Don't You Just Love Him.

I'm a bit of a bore during the day, I like to sit & watch cooking programmes for hours. I'm not even lying. Well, I was watching Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals & that's where I seen this dish, Mouth watering I tell you. I couldn't remember the exact recipe, I'm kinda slow like that? So I made it up as I went along, Like I pretty much always do. So here we go...


P.s I make my own tartar sauce, without the capers. I'm not keen on them. There's plenty of different recipes on the internet so make sure to have a look!

Ingredients
1 tbsp fennel seeds
6 pieces of pangas fish
Seasoned bread crumbs
6 garlic cloves peeled
1 1/2 cups sun dried tomatoes 
1/2 cup oil from sun dried tomatoes
2 small gherkins 
handful basil leaves
2 tbsp chilly flakes
100g crumbled goats cheese
20g cheddar
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp fresh rosemary
Salt & pepper 

Method
Switch the oven on to high heat. In a big roasting dish, drizzle some of the sun dried tomato oil, sprinkle on salt and pepper (around 1tbsp of each), scatter the fennel seeds and 1 tbsp chilly flakes. Put the fish in the roasting dish and coat with the olive oil & seasonings on both sides. Put the roasting dish in the oven for around 7 minutes and prepare the topping.
Using a hand blender, blitz the 6 garlic cloves, sun dried tomatoes, the remaining sun dried tomato oil, 2 small gherkins, basil leaves, 1 tbsp chilly flakes, 100g crumbled goats cheese, juice of 1 lemon and the zest of half the lemon, 1 tbsp honey, 2tbsp fresh rosemary and salt & pepper to taste. Whiz it all up & set aside.
Take the fish out the oven and spread the prepared paste on top of the fish evenly. Sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs, be generous with the amount you put on and sprinkle over the remaining lemon zest. Drizzle over olive oil to help the bread crumbs crisp up and top of with cheddar cheese & a few basil leaves. Bake until golden brown and crisp. 


You can serve this dish with my quick & easy warm baked potato salad I previously posted or any other condiment. What ever you prefer really. 
Link for the baked potato salad:  http://chefzainab.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/goats-cheese-overload-just-how-i-like.html

Bon Appetit!








No comments:

Post a Comment